Answered By: Allison Ball Last Updated: Sep 27, 2021 Views: 6
A 'login failure' error most often results from an incorrect password. Multiple incorrect attempts may result in you being locked out of the system for a period of time. If your account is locked you will need to wait before attempting again.
These suggestions may help if you're experiencing a login failure error:
- Check that your username and password are correct.
- Your username should not include @myseneca.ca
- Type your password into a word document, then try copying and pasting it into the password field
- Ensure caps lock is off
- Check that you can access other accounts (e.g. your Seneca email).
- If your auto-fill option is turned on in your browser, check that it's updated with your current password.
- Clear your browser cache and try logging in again in a new browser.
- First try CTRL+F5 (CMD+R on a Mac) to force a browser refresh.
- If that doesn't work, clear the cache manually:
- In most browsers, you can open the cache options by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+DEL
- In Safari, use the shortcut CMD+OPT+E
If your password issues affect multiple services (not just library resources), please contact ITS.
If only library resources are affected, contact the library using this form.