Answered By: Jenn Peters Last Updated: Sep 13, 2017 Views: 2768
SPARK stands for Short Practical Academic Research Knowledge. These sessions provide faculty and staff the opportunity to learn about scholarly research and library resources. SPARK sessions are offered in a variety of delivery options to fit your busy schedule:
Face-to-face workshops - offered throughout the academic year during college events as well as through workshops scheduled through PD tracking.
Self-directed e-learning modules - provided for those who cannot attend face-to-face workshops, and also for those who wish to keep up-to-date with changes in this developing field.
Copyright and Citation
- Copyright Changes for Seneca College Faculty - http://facultycopyright.wordpress.com
- Reacquaint Yourself with Citation - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-citationprimer
- Can I Use YouTube Videos in My Classroom (video) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RsrBqII4dY
- Respondus and Online Tests in MySeneca/Blackboard (with CAE) - http://bbtests.wordpress.com
- Library Cartridges for MySeneca - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-cartridges
Technology and Teaching
- Information Literacy for Faculty - http://seneca.libguides.com/IL4Faculty
- Digital Storytelling - http://edudigitalstorytelling.wordpress.com
- Designing Digital Assignments - http://digitalassignments.wordpress.com
- Creating Instructional Animated Videos - http://animationwow.wordpress.com
- Creating Instructional Infographics - http://createinfographics.wordpress.com
- Creating Educational Videos - http://educationvideos.wordpress.com
- Building Better Assignments - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-eliteracy
Research and Resources
- Predatory Publishing - http://seneca.libguides.com/SPARK-Predatory
- Fake News - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-fakenews
- Free Resources for Your Courses - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-CourseResources
- Find Free Images and Music Online - https://findfreeimages.wordpress.com
- Personal Learning Environments (PLEs) - http://seneca.libguides.com/SPARK-PLE
- Case Studies for Business - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-case
- Streaming Videos - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-streaming
- Alerts and RSS Feeds - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-rss
One-on-one sessions with a librarian – book some time to meet with a librarian to learn about all the information covered in the face-to-face and online sessions. Contact email@example.com to book a meeting.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.