Answered By: Allison Ball Last Updated: Dec 06, 2018 Views: 47
If you don't have a specific short story in mind, the best way to find one is to search for short stories using a Subject search. To do that:
- Open the Advanced Search on the library website (you can find the Advanced Search link directly underneath the main search box)
- Change the 'Any Field' drop down option to 'Subject'.
- Add the term short stories into the search box. Your search should look like this:
- Submit your search with the Search button to see the results, or add more search terms in the second search box if you want to search for short stories about a particular theme, idea, topic, etc.
- On your results page, you can also add the 'Books' limit under 'Content/Material Type' to find only books or ebooks with short stories as a subject.
If you do have a short story in mind, the easiest way to find it is by searching the title on the library website. Keep in mind that not all short story anthologies have their table of contents indexed, so your short story may not turn up in your search.