Answered By: Michelle Gravelle Last Updated: Jul 19, 2018 Views: 3180
Some books are on reserve in the library because they're in high demand. For example, most textbooks are reserved so students will have more frequent and equitable access to it.
What do I need to know about Reserves?
- They can be borrowed for 2 hours at a time and can only be used inside the library
- They can't be put on hold* or renewed
- The library usually has only 1 copy of each book on reserve
- They're kept behind the circulation desk and need to be requested from library staff
- You can borrow 2 reserve items at a time
- The library charges a higher fine rate for overdue reserve items
*Newnham and Seneca@York Libraries have a short-term pager-system that can be used to alert students when a reserve book has been returned. If you're planning on staying in the library you can use this system to temporarily 'hold' a textbook.
How do I check if a textbook is on reserve?
To see if we have your textbook you can search for it through our textbook search.