Answered By: Dan Michniewicz Last Updated: Apr 16, 2018 Views: 176
The library has excellent databases with streaming videos and films on numerous topics such as Films on Demand and Kanopy. You can find a more comprehensive database list here. Use the drop down menus to narrow down the list.
How do I find these videos?
To find videos through our library search:
- Search for a topic or specific title in our search box.
- On the left-side of your results page, limit your results to 'Full Text Online' (under Availability)
- Under Content Type limit to 'Audio Visual' (you may need to click Show More)
Can Faculty make requests to stream old DVDs or VHS tapes?
The answer is maybe, because it depends on whether or not the producer or distributor will allow us to put their content online. And that often depends on the following conditions:
- If the material is available for purchase in an online streaming format, then we cannot change the format ourselves. We must purchase the online streaming format of the material.
- If it is not available for purchase, we would then have to contact the producer or distributor and request permission to change the format.
Please give ample time for this process as permission can take time to obtain. Faculty can contact their Liaison Librarian to get the process started.