Answered By: Shanna Pearson Last Updated: Dec 03, 2018 Views: 105
To find library materials on a particular subject:
- Open the library website.
- Type keywords in the search box that you think would be relevant to your topic.
- Use words that reflect broader subjects (e.g. dog) or narrower subjects (e.g. pitbull)
- Try related words (e.g. puppy)
Your search might look like this:
pitbull behaviour banned
aggression in dogs
Or any number of related searches. Consider your alternatives to effectively research your topic and cover all angles.
- After you submit your search, the system will allow you to add additional limits to refine your search This includes:
- Limiting by material type (books, articles, etc.)
- Limiting to peer-reviewed or scholarly articles
- Restricting the date of publication, etc.
You will see these options in the left-hand column under 'Refine Your Results'.