What is SPARK?
SPARK stands for Short Practical Academic Research Knowledge. These sessions provide faculty and staff the opportunity to learn about scholarly research and library resources. SPARK sessions are offered in a variety of delivery options to fit your busy schedule:
Face-to-face workshops - offered throughout the academic year during college events as well as through workshops scheduled through PD tracking.
Self-directed e-learning modules - provided for those who cannot attend face-to-face workshops, and also for those who wish to keep up-to-date with changes in this developing field.
Copyright and Citation
- Copyright Changes for Seneca College Faculty - http://facultycopyright.wordpress.com
- Reacquaint Yourself with Citation - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-citationprimer
- Can I Use YouTube Videos in My Classroom (video) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RsrBqII4dY
- Respondus and Online Tests in MySeneca/Blackboard (with CAE) - http://bbtests.wordpress.com
- Library Cartridges for MySeneca - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-cartridges
Technology and Teaching
- Information Literacy for Faculty - http://seneca.libguides.com/IL4Faculty
- Designing, Creating, Presenting Academic Posters - https://createposters.wordpress.com
- Remixing Web Video - https://webvideoremix.wordpress.com
- Present Awesomely - http://presentawesomely.wordpress.com
- Creating "Choose Your Own Adventure" Educational Games in Twine - http://edutwine.wordpress.com
- Creating e-Pitches: A Guide to Business Storytelling - http://epitches.wordpress.com
- Creating Digital Projects (a guide for students) - http://creatingdigitalprojects.wordpress.com
- Digital Storytelling - http://edudigitalstorytelling.wordpress.com
- Designing Digital Assignments (a guide for faculty) - http://digitalassignments.wordpress.com
- Creating Instructional Animated Videos - http://animationwow.wordpress.com
- Creating Instructional Infographics - http://createinfographics.wordpress.com
- Creating Educational Videos - http://educationvideos.wordpress.com
- Building Better Assignments - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-eliteracy
Research and Resources
- Fake News - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-fakenews
- Free Resources for Your Courses - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-CourseResources
- Find Free Images and Music Online - https://findfreeimages.wordpress.com
- Personal Learning Environments (PLEs) - http://seneca.libguides.com/SPARK-PLE
- Case Studies for Business - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-case
- Streaming Videos - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-streaming
- Alerts and RSS Feeds - http://seneca.libguides.com/spark-rss
One-on-one sessions with a librarian – book some time to meet with a librarian to learn about all the information covered in the face-to-face and online sessions. Contact email@example.com to book a meeting.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.